Total items Stocked
1275 new heading 193
A Category items
B Category items
C Category items
Total AAC Value
There are 03 issue wards, 01 CPW ward for centralized items and 01 receipt ward.
Maintenance support- laboratory:
- Laboratory facility for testing.
·Metallurgical analysis of materials.
·Spectrographic analysis of lubricants to detect water element.
·NDT (Zyglo, Dye penetrate Test and Magna flux Test) testing of Loco Components.
·UT Testing of Axles and Bearings.
- Reclamation of drain Lube oil as dash pot oil for coaches.
- Pollution control to protect environment.
- Maintenance of effluent treatment plant, incinerator.
- Maintenance of DM plant for coolant water.
- Maintenance of RO plant for drinking purpose.
90% of staff are working in Bilingual and Hindi meetings are being conducted every 3 months. Diesel Loco Shed, Kazipet achieved first prize during Hindi exhibition on 26.10.2010 for implementation of Hindi as RajyaBhasha in SC Division.
HIGHLIGHTS AND INITIATIVES HIGHLIGHTS
• During year 2016-17, the availability is maintained above 5.30 % over the Target.
• During year 2016-17, the ineffective %age is contained below 4.42 % as against the permissible limit of 10%.
• Fabrication of links for Wheel lifting & Equipment for wheel floating in event of Locked axle/ Break down of Locomotive wheels
Cases of locked axle failure of locomotive are occasionally encountered on-line while on run due to bearing failures. This may cause blocking of the section affecting punctuality of trains. This has to be attended by the nearest loco shed staff either by extracting traction motor pinion in the event of Motor seizure or by floating the affected wheel in case of Axle box seizure.
Floating the affected wheel of the loco is a quick method to clear the section in minimum time. Shed has developed links of blocks of standard dimensions for all types of locomotives and kept by ART/KZJ.
A three days demonstration was also organized by ART/KZJ of DSL/KZJ to all the ART and Shed staff of SCR.
The 5S system of work place management has been implemented at DLS/KZJ. With 5S principles at work place, unnecessary wastage in terms of material, time and man power was avoided, there by resulting in optimum utilization of resources.
Integrated Management System Certification:
Diesel Loco Shed, Kazipet has got IMS certification (for three systems ISO: 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, BS-OHSAS 18001:2007) on 10-08-2017
• Energy Audit:
Energy Audit of Diesel Shed, KZJ was carried out by Electrical Maintenance Branch during 2016. It was decided to put LED lights and solar panels wherever feasible for reducing the electricity consumption and to identify areas for energy conservation. • Water Audit:
An inspection was carried out by DME/D/KZJ & ADEN/S/KZJ for carrying out water audit of water consumption and to implement effective measures to save the water. It was decided to install water flow measuring meters at prominent locations. • Fire Audit:
A fire Audit was conducted by Sr.DSO/SC, Sr.DSC/SC and Sr.DME/D/KZJ during August 2017 to ensure firefighting equipment in order. • Internal Technical Seminar
Internal Technical seminar conducted on 03-06-16 by DME/DSL/KZJ with power pack section staff & Supervisors regarding fitment of water raisers on Alco locos during heavy schedule. This year M/s.Medha is requested to conduct a technical seminar on Common Rail Electronic Fuel Direct Injection which is a new technology being tested on loco No.70384
Disaster Management – Fire Fighting Plan
Fire safety Precautions display boards are provided at various locations.
• Action plan with measurable targets have been defined for each section (20 sections available in shed) to achieve better reliability and availability of locos.
• Loco schedule history has been computerized. Similarly Loco failures, Loco schedules, Wheel Profiles, Stores, and components failures etc., also computerized in access database for quick and proper analysis.
• Safety Action plan has been defined and implemented to turn out the locos from shed with all safety parameters certified at SSE and Officers’ level. The staff, Supervisor & officer responsible for checking each safety parameter is defined in the Plan and meticulously monitored. There is No derailment on Loco Account.
• Audit plan for all sections in the shed has been defined and displayed in sections in form flexi charts for conducting regular audits to achieve best reliability and availability of Locos.
• Technical audits are regularly being conducted in all sections to stream line the working to achieve better reliability and availability of locos.
• A number of test gadgets have been developed to improve the reliability of various sub assemblies of the locomotive.DIESEL TRACTION TRAINING CENTRE
Diesel Loco shed, Kazipet is attached with a training center for imparting training to running staff and maintenance staff. Courses offered:
Refresher Courses for LPs and Maintenance staff
Induction courses, Pre promotional courses for Maintenance Staff Infrastructure:
Four Class Rooms available with teaching aids
Two Model rooms
One computer lab.DTTC HOSTEL/KAZIPET
A Hostel with 27 Rooms available. Hostel housekeeping and Maintenance is outsourced including cooking of food.
Highlights / Events of the Current month
Utmost importance is being given to the safety of all the employees especially in the work spot of Diesel Loco Shed, Kazipet. Conducting the meetings not only for the maintenance of the locomotives but also to the safety of the employees regularly to avoid even small injuries to the shed staff and supervisors. 100% procurement of new safety items of all sections in place of old items is one of the important jobs. Observation of usage of safety items is one of the routine jobs of all the shed
Visits of dignitaries and inaugurations:
GM/SCR inspected the shed on 26-08-2014.
CME/Plg/SC inspected the shed on 17-04-2014.
ED/(MP)/RDSO/LKO visited the shed on 25-02-2014.
Good work done / System improvement / Development :
A special drive is started to detect the cracks in the knuckle pin area through DPT during M4 and above schedules. 52 locos are covered in the drive and detected 06 are defective.
In the shed, first of its kind a control stand modification carried out on loco no. 18983. The vertical type control stand is converted to desk type for LP convenience.
A Computerised SFC kit provided in Load Box is commissioned and kept in use.
A Test stand is fabricated for torqueing WDG4 power assembly.
A tool is fabricated for removing the cup disc of lube oil relief and regulating valve.
The shed has renewed the HP tube contour checking gadget. With the modified gadget the accurate length of the HP tubes can be checked.
The shed has fabricated the stand for piston assembly for WDG 4 locos and also developed Valve springs removal gadget.
Diesel Loco Outage in total percentage:
DLS/KZJ has achieved 6.96 % Outage excess over the target (outage Target is 72.0 (for WDM3A WDG3A), Actual outage is 77.01 for this month, despite one loco in POH shops. Actual Ineffective %age is 6.48 as against the target of 8.5 %.
Inspection of Officers: