Total items Stocked
A Category items
B Category items
C Category items
Total AAC Value
There are 03 issue wards, 01 CPW ward for centralized items and 01 receipt ward.
Maintenance support- laboratory:
- Laboratory facility for testing.
·Metallurgical analysis of materials.
·Spectrographic analysis of lubricants to detect water element.
·NDT (Zyglo, Dye penetrate Test and Magna flux Test) testing of Loco Components.
·UT Testing of Axles and Bearings.
- Reclamation of drain Lube oil as dash pot oil for coaches.
- Pollution control to protect environment.
- Maintenance of effluent treatment plant, incinerator.
- Maintenance of DM plant for coolant water.
- Maintenance of RO plant for drinking purpose.
Loco Trol(First of its kind in IRs):
Wireless MU coupler (LocoTrol) first of its kind in Indian Railways has been fitted In 2 WDM2 over aged locos and the locos are successfully working between KTPS and Rudrampur siding in BDCR sector.
Detention on account of detaching, reversing and attaching of locomotives (MU), creation of pressure and continuity test, etc. are eliminated at loading & Un-loading points.MU operation is achieved without cable connection, thus giving flexibility in operation.Coupler forces are minimized to reduce the chances of train parting.
90% of staff are working in Bilingual and Hindi meetings are being conducted every 3 months. Diesel Loco Shed, Kazipet achieved first prize during Hindi exhibition on 26.10.2010 for implementation of Hindi as Rajya Bhasha in SC Division.
Staff welfare Measures:
Therearetotalabout1754QuartersareavailableinKZJ area and in which379Quarters( Type I-155, Type II - 176, Type III - 41, Type IV - 07)are in DieselColony Covering around 45 % of staff strength.
Highlights and Initiatives taken by the shed
- During This year the availability is maintained above 13.6 % over the Target.
- During This current year the ineffective %age is contained below 5.0% as against the permissible limit of 10%.
- Wireless MU coupler (Loco Trol) first of its kind in I Rlys has been fitted in two WDM2 over aged locos and the locos are successfully working between KTPS and Rudrampur siding in BDCR sector.
- 60 WDG3A &WDM3A locos out of 126 locos have been made fit to 30 days interval schedule as against 15 days interval schedule, out of which 42 locos are further made fit for working 40 days interval schedule.
- Action plan with measurable targets have been defined for each section (20 sections available in shed) to achieve better reliability and availability of locos.
- Loco schedule history has been computerized. Similarly Loco failures, Loco schedules, Wheel Profiles, Stores, and components failures etc., also computerized in access database for quick and proper analysis.
- Safety Action plan has been defined and implemented to turn out the locos from shed with all safety parameters certified at SSE and Officers’ level. The staff, Supervisor & officer responsible for checking each safety parameter is defined in the Plan and meticulously monitored. There is No derailment on Loco Account.
- In the wake of CBC coaching stock, a rigorous Drive launched to check the CBC Components and all the defects identified are attended.
- Audit plan for all sections in the shed has been defined and displayed in sections in form flexi charts for conducting regular audits to achieve best reliability and availability of Locos.
- Technical audits are regularly being conducted in all sections to stream line the working to achieve better reliability and availability of locos.
Mission areas for the Year 2011-12:
- A number of test gadgets have been developed to improve the reliability of various sub assemblies of the locomotive.
- Conversion of more locos into 30 days schedule interval.
- Conversion of more locos into 40 days schedule interval.
- Carrying out Crew friendly Cab modifications on 20 locos.
- Implementation of Safety Action Plan for safe running of locomotives.
- Implementation of Action plan defined each section wise.
- Scientific analysis of failures and initiating suitable preventive action to avoid recurrences.
- Maintaining availability of locos +12.5% over the target.
- Excellent housekeeping of sections and over all shed.
- Developmentof adequate unit exchange spares.